The Brand Manager Gbemi Abudu (BMGA) Enterprise Limited is now accepting applications from young women who are passionate about their career development for its 2021 Fellows Programme. The deadline for the submission of applications for the BMGA fellows programme is 18th April, 2021.
Are you passionate about having a transformational learning experience? BMGA is looking for young women who are academically motivated and passionate about making an impact on the social, economic, and political development of Africa.
BMGA Fellows Programme Overview
The BMGA Fellows Program is a social impact initiative designed to narrow the gender skills gap that exists among female university graduates in Africa. It is a six-month online blended program that provides young women with access to knowledge and resources required to gain fundamental employability skills that strengthen their marketability for a successful career in the 21st Century.
Based on the learnings and methodology from BMGA’s capacity-building program for corporate clients, the program was designed to give academically motivated female university graduates or final year students the unique opportunity to have a transformational learning experience that will play a pivotal role in their personal and professional development. The program enables participants to develop essential skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, emotional intelligence, teamwork among others.
The BMGA Fellows Program is supported by top global institutions such as Sterling Bank, Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), the African Society of Cambridge University, Emotional Intelligence Skills Group, Thunderbird School of Global Management, Rungas Group, UN Women, Gallup, Women at Risk International Foundation (WARIF), University of Lagos (UNILAG), and University of Ibadan (UI).
We aim to transform up to 10,000 female leaders directly and indirectly in the next five years. Because we apply the transformational domino concept by ensuring that we admit high potential women into the program, we are confident that the BMGA Fellows will go on to transform young women in their respective networks. This will ensure that more women are equipped with skills that enable them to be active contributors to a gender-equal world.
BMGA Fellows Programme Benefits
- FREE TUITION through scholarships provided by Giants of Africa (GOA)
- Classes taught by experts and professors from renowned universities
- Mentorship from graduate students in top global universities
- Executive One-on-One coaching
- Webinars with Global Leaders
- Opportunities for networking and collaborating with participants from six (6) African countries.
BMGA Fellows Programme Eligibility
- Young women from Ghana, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Uganda and Zambia.
- Final year students, recent graduates and early career professionals with not more than 3 (three) years post-university work experience are welcome to apply.
- Excellent academic record: Applicants must have graduated top of their class or a final year student with a current or cumulative CGPA equivalent to a B+ [UK grade point system].
- Applicants must speak, write, and read English with proficiency.
- Applicants must have regular access to the internet.
BMGA Fellows Programme Selection Process
Through a rigorous open application process, the selection committee selects high potential young people, who are recent university graduates or students in their final year of university, to participate in an intensive six-month fellowship program.
BMGA’s selection committee utilizes their expertise to review all applications and the decision made by the committee is final.
How to Apply for BMGA Fellows Programme
Candidates are required to fill out and submit the complete application by Sunday, 18 April 2021. This is a strict deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All information submitted will be confidential and only passed to those involved in the selection process.
- Personal information
- Essay questions
- Reference Letter (less than 1 page) from someone who knows you well to support your application for the program. Please note that the reference letter must be typed on official letterhead and signed by the referee.